I am positive that today you are going to read or see about 50 or so posts about moving on from 2017 and what the new year will bring. I am not one for resolutions but I am one for setting tangible, realistic goals. I love the idea of a new year, a fresh start, a new story to write. If I had to look back and reflect on the past few years I could sum up the years up each in a few words.
For 2018, I hope our word will be growth. As a business owner I know that setting goals that you can touch are the most effective and meaningful way to accomplish what you set out to. So here they are, on paper for the world to see.
- Reduce our waste and our carbon footprint. This means no more paper towels, limited paper products, reusable cups for my Starbucks runs. We are going to purchase more stainless steel and glass and get rid of the plastic and toxic items in our home. I need to teach my kids more about our world and how much we impact it.
- Get Healthy in body, mind and soul. The big kids and I have mom and child journals. There is a “Mom & Daughter” book and a “Mom and Son” book. These kids grow up so fast. These journals are going to help us connect on a higher level.
- Write more.
- Rely more on essential oils and their amazing healing properties. This brand has been incredible and we LOVE using them.
- Meal Plan-We need to live more frugally. I am going to commit to meal planning and commit to meatless Monday’s using this great vegan cookbook by Thug Kitchen. I will be posting our meals on our “What’s for Dinner” page, so stay tuned!
- The kids and I are going to read at LEAST 3 chapter books a month. That is 36 books. If you are interested, they are listed under books we love, and we will provide a review when they are done. Much of our learning is done through living books.
What are your goals for 2018? What will you accomplish to make you better in body, mind and soul. Here’s to saying goodbye to the good, but old and welcoming a new year of growth and prosperity. Here’s to 2018. Cheers!